This has been ready to have the heddles threaded for about 3 days. I made a mess first time as my threading draft I did wrong. I missed out one small section and ended up at the other side with too many warp threads when I should have had none left.
Work was busy and I have learnt not to thread a complex draft late in the day. Always goes wrong.
Anyway, back to the loom. I thought to myself this morning, get the heddles threaded before work. Great! Then later on, it was heading towards 6 pm and I thought, enough work today, so I headed to the loom. And got it tied to the warp stick and started.
I needed to do one repeat, to at least ensure it was threaded correctly. Happy days, it is.
I’m looking forward to getting more added on Thursday, so I can see a larger section of repeats.
Oh, I also received some bulbs/roots for the garden today. I ordered online and purchased some Hedychium or Ginger. Anyway, I was expecting some root cuttings that would fit in my hand. Look at this!
It’s huge! The species is Hedychium gardnerianum and clearly I wasn’t reading when I added them to my basket. It’s a pack of three as well. 😆
Anyway, it’s can get to 2.4 metres in height. It has to grow in a tub and I need to cut the flower heads before it seeds. Seems it’s in the top 15 invasive weeds in a couple of countries. I wanted tropical!
But it does have an RHS Award of Merit, so I think I’m ok. I just need to buy a tub or three big enough to start them off.