I got the lampshades completed. One I did on Sunday, the other this morning.
Yet to take a picture of them together. But I am pleased with them.
Learnt a few things too.
- My weaving needs to be finer, so next time I’ll try a single strand per slot/hole on my 15 dent heddle.
- I might mark out the fabric and zigzag stitch the edges I’ll be cutting. Part of the process involves peeling off sticky edges, which caused some fray nightmares.
- I must get my fabric scissors sharpened!
These are prototypes so I will probably keep hold of them.
One thought on “Let there be… lampshades”
Great idea. It bridges the gap between craft and home decor.
LikeLiked by 1 person