Last night I cast on to knit my first main knit challenge in a long time; a hat made in the round. If you don’t know, I am more comfortable as a crocheter, but felt I really want to get more experienced at knitting, to benefit from some greater diversity of patterns and broaden my skill set.
I finally succumbed to a couple of balls of yarn that I had been eyeing up for a month at least.
I just love the colours in the Bergere yarn and the same with the Adriafil yarn. But I also knew that I wanted to knit them rather than crochet, so I held off buying until I couldn’t any longer.
Anyway, as I was saying, I cast on and got stuck in late last night, knitting a couple of rounds of 3×3 ribbing, once I had learnt how to join in the round from the internet. Then, this morning I carried on in the peace and quiet, which meant I really motored. Well, for me I motored, but to others I am no doubt a slowcoach. 🙂
And this is where I was when I took the photo earlier today. Aren’t the colours just great?
Very rainbow. And no errors to that point. I was pleased until I thought I remembered the pattern for the decreases and got it wrong. Had to tink back to the beginning of the round, which of course meant I added a stitch (stupidly) and dropped two (clumsy), which I quickly managed to fix with a small crochet hook. Thankfully I had seen how to do that online, a few years back.
It’s now put to one side as I need to move to DPNs. Which I don’t have! I clearly did not think this through. DPNs ordered and coming tomorrow, I hope.
Possibly a finished hat tomorrow evening. You can see my squares I am knitting in the back of the photo. I have three in garter and one in stockinette. After this hat, I think seed stitch is next for a square or two.
I did block my crochet shawl on Saturday, but I’ll post about that separately.
Have a great week.